1. Visit during the off season. The best time to visit Disney World is during the off season, which typically runs from early September to mid-November and again from early January to early March. Not only are the crowds smaller, but you’ll also find lower prices on hotels, restaurants and other attractions.
2. Buy your tickets in advance. You can save a significant amount of money by buying your tickets in advance, especially if you purchase a multi-day pass. Disney World offers a variety of ticket options, so be sure to compare prices before you buy.
3. Stay at a Disney-affiliated hotel. Staying at a Disney-affiliated hotel has its perks, including free transportation to and from the parks and early access to certain attractions. Plus, you’ll often find special rates and discounts on rooms and packages.
4. Take advantage of freebies. From free parking and stroller rental to complimentary WiFi, there are a number of ways to enjoy Disney World without spending a lot of money. Be sure to take advantage of all the freebies and discounts that are available.
5. Don’t buy souvenirs at the parks. Disney World is notorious for overpriced souvenirs, so it’s best to resist the temptation to buy anything at the parks. Instead, wait until you’re back at your hotel or head to one of the many souvenir shops in the Orlando area. You’ll find better prices and a wider selection of items.
6. Eat off property. There are plenty of great places to eat in the Orlando area, so you don’t have to spend a fortune on meals at Disney World. In fact, you can save a lot of money by eating breakfast and lunch off property and then enjoying a nice dinner at your hotel or one of the parks.
7. Take advantage of discounts. There are a number of ways to get discounts on Disney World tickets, including AAA, military and Florida resident discounts. Be sure to ask about any discounts that may be available to you before you purchase your tickets.
8. Purchase a park hopper pass. If you’re planning on visiting more than one park, a park hopper pass can save you time and money. With a park hopper pass, you can visit all four Disney World parks in one day and take advantage of FastPass+ to avoid long lines.
9. Use a travel agent. If you’re not sure where to start or what discounts are available to you, consider using a travel agent. A good travel agent will be able to help you find the best deals on tickets, hotels and packages.
10. Shop around. There’s no need to purchase your tickets from the first place you look. Shop around and compare prices before you buy. You may be surprised at how much you can save by doing a little research.